Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi collectors, hope you are all still hanging in there despite the pandemic! Over here in europe, borders are gradually opening back up again and I was able to make a weekend trip to Budapes

Exactly, I hope I won’t ever have to get a bigger box for that part of the collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

I didn't known this fake before.
    Wrong writing (SS-3./ instead of correct form 3./SS- ) was strange, but happened sometimes.
    So at first glance it didn't look so bad.
    Now with photo of the backside (traces have been blurred there) and a closer look I agree with Prinz.

Looks like I got home with 2 questionable items from Budapest then… Expensive lessons learned, one of them being to not buy WW2 German in Hungary (still lots of good imperial German & Soviet items available there though).

Fake id!

?

Did you get it at the ecseri piac flea market outside the city? I have visited that place several times but never found anything authentic worth taking home.

No, I got this at a ”pop-up” weekend market, in the jewish district (of all places). Just stumbled upon the market while doing some sightseeing.

I’ve been to ecseri as well before, but skipped that this time, since I had a similar experience as you: TONS of fake- & fantasy items (those dreadful SS drivers licenses to name some)! There is 1 seller at ecseri with good items though: A elderly man with a small shop near one of the ”edges” of the market (not in one of the many small ”passages”). I had a chat with him last time I was there and he’s a collector himself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2