Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hi collectors, hope you are all still hanging in there despite the pandemic! Over here in europe, borders are gradually opening back up again and I was able to make a weekend trip to Budapes

Default SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke

Hi collectors, hope you are all still hanging in there despite the pandemic!

Over here in europe, borders are gradually opening back up again and I was able to make a weekend trip to Budapest. Of course I went on the hunt for some traces of the war (my poor wife showed great patience while we checked every single antiques store & market we came across)!

I returned home with 2 treasures (hopefully), that I would need help authenticating, one of them being this PZ Das Reich Erkennungsmarke! I normally collect mainly WH Infantry, so this is my first SS item and also my first Erkennungsmarke overall (didn’t come across a interesting enough example before).

What do you think, does this look like a good item to you? Any help much appreciated, thanks guys!

SS PZ ”Das Reich” ErkennungsmarkeSS PZ ”Das Reich” ErkennungsmarkeSS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

I am by no means an expert, but I'm highly suspicious of anything SS marked, especially one this blatant.

Same here and there’s tons of ridiculous SS-marked items in Hungary, but this one ”felt” like it might be good, so I gambled on it.

Please also show us the back side.
    I don't dare to judge so far, but I've got a good feeling.

Here is a picture of the back side. The ”pits” on the back don’t seem to have been raised by the stamping, which is something I would expect from something that has been stamped on a old badge post war.

SS PZ ”Das Reich” Erkennungsmarke

?

In my opinion, unfortunatly, it is not a good one. The fonts are typical of the '90 fakes dog tags. Sorry fot that, but the SS erkennungsmarken is a really mine field...but also beautifull. I hope that you forget this first disappointment and you will continue in this kind of collection.

Oh no, obviously not what I had hoped for, but I’ll take the bitter truth above living in ignorance any day!

Hopefully the other item I brought home (a silver Panzerkampfabzeichen) will get a better verdict, that would at least more than make up for the financial loss.

Even though it was bitter news: Thank you so much for your oppinion, much appreciated!

I would sill keep it, but mark it on the back somehow so future collectors have a warning sign. If you keep the fake stuff you bought, and compare it to real examples, you will be able to discern easier in the future, real vs. fake. Plus it'll give you a laugh years down the road. Maybe.

Yeah, I’ll keep it: I have a small box for fake items that I’ve bought (all unknowingly), that I don’t display with my authentic collection (they don’t deserve it). Luckily, this will only be the 4th item I add to that box!

Quote by TheJackal83 View Post
    Yeah, I’ll keep it: I have a small box for fake items that I’ve bought (all unknowingly), that I don’t display with my authentic collection (they don’t deserve it). Luckily, this will only be the 4th item I add to that box!
    The one part of your collection you don't want to expand, eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast