Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS - V.T. Dog tag

Article about: Hello dear friends, Can you tell me this is original or fantasy fake?

Default SS - V.T. Dog tag

Hello dear friends,
    Can you tell me this is original or fantasy fake?

SS - V.T. Dog tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - V.T. Dog tag
    P
    Many

?

I think it's a fake, runes are wrong, the oxidation damaged in the area where the stamps are done. Also unworn example, whilst most of them are highly used
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default other dog tag

SS - V.T. Dog tagSS - V.T. Dog tag

Hello Gents,

'sorry' for the upload, I don't think this is the correct way but I seem to have troubles finding out where to post it. Does anyone know what kins of ID Tag this is?

I mean, it's zinc, it's green, it has a number ... it's stamped, it's marked K.P. and BW ... could it be, could it be?

?

It's again a fantasy tag
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think it's a fake, runes are wrong, the oxidation damaged in the area where the stamps are done. Also unworn example, whilst most of them are highly used
    Have you actually seen one from the 2. Ersatz Kompanie before- one with an extremely low number like this one was Dimas? That's the only way it's correct to say the runes are 'wrong'. The corrosion damage doesn't look suspicious to me, particularly because it's over a few stamped marks, not below, and it's proper pitting, not just a surface patina. And not being terribly worn doesn't seem to be a fatal issue either- I've seen lots of aluminum discs with minimal wear despite being early; it might not have been carried on a cord, or it was in a pouch (so wouldn't move on the cord as much) or some other such thing.

What does look a bit weird is that the stamping appears to be over top the two long dents in the upper half- that means they were there before it was marked; it's not impossible, of course, that it was just imperfect and still used, so that too isn't a fatal problem.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    It's again a fantasy tag
    Why fantasy? Is it supposed to be something important, rare or valuable? It's only reasonable to be a fantasy piece if it's recognizable and worth making up- but to me it just looks like some unknown identifier tag for who knows what...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

The eagles are the part of Waffen Amt marking, and it supposed to be marked on all the parts and weapons accessories, but never in the marks like that, even there a 4 time marked eagle without any Wa numbers.
    Concerning the Deutschland tag, I never seen Ersatz kompanie without ()
    And at least E tags is made by 2 different mixed scripts, runes on them had some special characteristics and seems has been damaged due a lot of use
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Matt L View Post
    Why fantasy? Is it supposed to be something important, rare or valuable? It's only reasonable to be a fantasy piece if it's recognizable and worth making up- but to me it just looks like some unknown identifier tag for who knows what...
    Not so today. That is the reasoning the fakers want us to believe. There are many fantasy items in the market today that never existed. Add SS runes and
    a swastika and the piece has bufoon appeal. A classic example is the SS soap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast