MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Stab III Battalion I.R. 290

Article about: Here is a HQ disk for the III battalion of the 290th infantry regiment, part of the 98th infantry division. This battalion was disbanded after the battle for Moscow due to such high casualti

?

Default Stab III Battalion I.R. 290

Here is a HQ disk for the III battalion of the 290th infantry regiment, part of the 98th infantry division. This battalion was disbanded after the battle for Moscow due to such high casualties.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stab III Battalion I.R. 290  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stab III Battalion I.R. 290
    P
    Many

Hate to see a post unanswered. The 98th Division were formed from reserves from Bavaria, Franconia and the Sudetenland. The battle for Moscow wasn't the only campaign. After the Moscow mauling it continued to support Army Group Centre and in the battles around Rzhev in March 1943 the Division was moved to the Southern part of the Eastern front, serving in the Crimea & Kuban bridgeheads.

It saw action in Italy from September 1944. It continued to hold its own against the Allied onslaught and saw its war end after the Po river battle. So a tag with a long pedigree.

An interesting piece with a cool story. It is in pretty good shape too! Thanks for sharing!

Nice earthy patina 👍