Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stalag EKM

Article about: Good evening all, Today I received this emarke wich is from Stalag VIII A. This camp was located at Görlitz (now Zgorzelec in Poland) and it was an active POW camp from october 1939 till 7

?

Default Stalag EKM

Good evening all,

Today I received this emarke wich is from Stalag VIII A. This camp was located at Görlitz (now Zgorzelec in Poland) and it was an active POW camp from october 1939 till 7 may 1945.
    I will provide a link to a website with more info about this Stalag. Here is the emarke itself, it is broken in half but still complete:

(click to enlarge)
    Stalag EKMStalag EKM

STALAG VIII A – the former international POW camp – Europejskie Centrum Pamięć, Edukacja, Kultura

Beside the link, here is an aerial photo of the camp:
    Stalag EKM

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 08-13-2020 at 02:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalag EKM
    P
    Many

Rik....... So at long last I can contribute to a thread. Here is my VIIIA tag. It started as a Transit camp tag notice the letter C after Durchgangslager. This is for Halbau Kunan Poland. Issue number 646. Owner and tag were sent to Stalag VIIIA and the other side of the tag was giving an issue number of 19720. The transit side crossed off with the large X made with what looks like bar stamp.

Stalag EKM

Stalag EKM

This is an early tag low issue number. This camp started as a Hitler Youth Camp. It also seems to have "escaped" the re-numbering of camp in early 1941 I think. I have never seen any tags or references for this camp with the numerical numbering system as apposed to the Roman numerals and letters. ...... paul.
    Last edited by timeout; 08-13-2020 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added extra details

?

Hi Paul,
    You are correct that the camp was first a Hitlerjugend camp and then started as a Durchgangslager. It is cool to see an early emarke from the Durchgangslager period of the camp. I really like your EKM.

Regards, Rik