Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Technische Ersatz Abteilung Erkennungsmarke

Article about: Picked this Technische Ersatz Abteilung dog-tag along with a leather pouch, this morning at the flea-market. Have no worries over the authenticity - lettering is not all capitals, blood grou

?

Default Technische Ersatz Abteilung Erkennungsmarke

Picked this Technische Ersatz Abteilung dog-tag along with a leather pouch, this morning at the flea-market. Have no worries over the authenticity - lettering is not all capitals, blood group O stamping is another size than than the o in the script, wear around the hanging holes. My question is who were they ? were they employed at the front giving technical assistance ? or were they some type of boffin developing weapons in a lab ? or perhaps vehicle mechanics or armourers ? Any relevant information appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Technische Ersatz Abteilung Erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Technische Ersatz Abteilung Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Technisches Ersatz-Bataillon 2 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    This my help you Alec, use google translate etc!..

?

Thanks for the link Gunny, I 'd tried the Lexikon before posting, but couldn't find anything. Reading through the link which gives the unit's beginnings, development and various divisions it was attached to, without saying what exactly it did. I get the impression it had a function similar to the pioneers with perhaps a more technical bias ! what that could be I don't know, have to check out which units operated the V1's + V2's. It would seem according to the Lexikon the unit spent its time on the home front.

It was raised out of the Ersatz units of the TENO...motorized and incorporated into the army...basically, Army Technical Services...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Thanks for the link Gunny, I 'd tried the Lexikon before posting, but couldn't find anything.
    Really the easiest way to find any unit is to type it in the search field of Google or whichever search engine you use, rather than going to the Lexikon site first; it's often the first, or one of the first hits, and you don't have to go through levels of unit types or figure out where it might actually be. In this case, the TEB2 Lexikon page is the very first hit
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Glenn, Matt - Thanks for the help.