Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is there such thing as a blank dog tag?

Article about: Found this dog tag in my garden and cannot find any markings on it (each picture shows different side). Would there have been such things as "blank" dog tags? If it helps I can rou

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Some interesting finds. Yes blank unissued ekm are not uncommon finds and were available for stamping replacements if lost or damaged. As far as your neighbours relic cache is concerned the Russian PPSH would appear to imply that it was from after 1940 (no Germans would have had one in 1940).

Nice to also find a personalised relic item from Gefreiter Hauck, can't see all of it so not sure whether it's part of a spork (folding fork/spoon) or something else. Sadly Hauck isn't an unusual name - there are 500 such listed with the VDK, although not all WW2 dated. If Gefreiter Hauck got to the Seine then he was possibly lucky.
    Here's the full item - I have no clue what it could be from. Seems to have been a hole on the right side and a sort of lightly intended line going throughout the top half of the whole thing. There is also this second item nearby which again I have no clue if its even war related (tell me what you think) but the initials FH might connect it to Hauck. But again I am probably being optimistic...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is there such thing as a blank dog tag?
    P
    Many

Please can you show the other side of the second item and also place a ruler alongside it for scale please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2