Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?

Article about: Good evening guys, I am new to the forum and have a question. I purchased these erkennungsmarken together with an online auction (no ebay). I think they are fake. I have compared them to oth

Fra
    ?

Default Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?

Good evening guys,
    I am new to the forum and have a question.
    I purchased these erkennungsmarken together with an online auction (no ebay). I think they are fake. I have compared them to others and they are very light. Can someone help me. Thanks
    Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?
    P
    Many

They look OK to me, it would be better to post each one in a separate thread then we can discuss them in detail.

?

From these photos I agree with BC. And if you post them in separate threads, please post them the right way up so we don't have to twist our neck to have a good look.

Regards, Rik

Fra
    ?

Thank you guys ..
    I appreciate the help and advice.Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?

Fra
    ?

Fra
    ?

Quote by Fra View Post
    Thank you guys ..
    I appreciate the help and advice.Are these Erkennungsmarken fake?
    The Kommando of Infanterie Division 132 was formed in Bavaria in September 1940 when it was then under Wehrkreis VII, it was later moved to Wehrkreis XII. The Division was on the Southern flank of the assault on Russia in June 1941, moving into the Crimea and fighting in the siege of Sevastopol. During July 1942 it was moved to the Northern flank, remaining with the 18th Armee of Heeresgrüppe Nord for the next 3 years. In July 1944 a then decimated 132nd Division was then pushed into the Kurland pocket. It was here that the Division ended the war.

Quote by Fra View Post
    This emarke is for the 3 Kompanie of Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 10. This unit changed its designation during the course of the war but this ekm will date to the inception of the unit when the 4th Infanterie Division was a Reichwehr era unit.

The home garrison was Dresden, Wehrkries IV. The 4th Division had a long wartime career, firstly in Poland, then France. In Seotember 1940 the Infanterie Division was redesignated as the 14th Pz Division. Heading To the Balkans before the East and Ukraine in 1941-42. It was then involved in the drive to the Don and later surrounded at Stalingrad.

A new 14th Pz Div was raised in Brittany in the Summer of 1943, before returning East to Kiev. Again it also found itself in the Kurland pocket but was the last unit to escape and therefore avoided Soviet captivity.

Quote by Fra View Post
    Infanterie Ersatz Bataillon 103 originally formed in 1939 in Budweis, in Bohemia. This ekm dates from 1942 when the original unit had been split and designated into two bataillons. It was to a member of the MG Kompanie, heavy weapons close infantry support. The unit would have supplied replacement manpower to the 45th Infanterie Division.

Fra
    ?

Hi Black Cat,
    Thanks again for your help. Thanks for the extra work!
    I Highly appreciated.
    I am an absolute beginner in Erkennungsmarken.
    I thought they were fake because three different EKM, different units but they all have the same weight
    (much lighter than what I found with the metal detector)
    In the next post I will show you my EKM found by me with the metal detector.
    Best regards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast