Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

two SS dog Tags

Article about: Dear all I would like to show you two of my Erkennungsmarken from my collection. They were found in the area Ruhrkessel some years ago :-) My question is now what could be the three letter N

Default two SS dog Tags

Dear all

I would like to show you two of my Erkennungsmarken from my collection.
    They were found in the area Ruhrkessel some years ago :-)
    My question is now what could be the three letter N.F.E. on the Div. Reich and what could be the abbreviation on the Alu dog tag H. V. L SS A. H.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards,

Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two SS dog Tags   two SS dog Tags  

two SS dog Tags  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two SS dog Tags
    P
    Many

Strange to be sure. My only explanation for NFE would be for Neues Feldersatz Bataillon. However by April 1945 the Das Reich Division were no where near the Ruhr as they were fighting in Hungary.

The only explanation for HV I have come across before is Heeres Verwaltung.

As neither explanation fits to these ekm I have serious doubts to their originality.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Strange to be sure. My only explanation for NFE would be for Neues Feldersatz Bataillon. However by April 1945 the Das Reich Division were no where near the Ruhr as they were fighting in Hungary.

The only explanation for HV I have come across before is Heeres Verwaltung.

As neither explanation fits to these ekm I have serious doubts to their originality.
    Dear BlackCat1982

Thanks for your answer und just for your information, I have found this dog tags some years ago and we do not need to talk about if they are original, they are 100% original.

Neues Feldersatz Battalion is a good idea and could be possible, maybe someone have another suggestion ?

Heeres Verwaltung is also my opinion, but what could be the rest called L SS A H ?

I know it's not too easy to find out in this case, maybe someone here in this forum have another suggestion ?

Thanks and regards,

Dirk

?

Hello Dirk,

are you the one who dug these emarken out of the ground yourself? That is the first thing I would like to know.

Because I have been comparing the Das Reich emarke with known fakes in our fake font thread and I found a fake emarke with the same font on it.
    Click on the link: Common Fake Fonts: look here first! and the go to post #23. There you will see a KL Oranienburg emarke and the N, R and E are of the same font as on your Das Reich emarke.

So until know I am with Blackcat and I have my doubts about the emarken you have posted. And yes we do have other erkennungsmarken collectors and they will also be around shortly to provide help.

Regards, Rik

Hello Rik,

yes I have dug both emarken on different places and time ( approach 15 - 18 years ago )

The Reich was broken in two parts 5 m far away, that is the reason for the different condition and color

The Alu was together with other SS Marken in a forest where soldiers threw away their things and clothes

I have compare the Oranienburg with the Reich, the fronts a similar but not exact the same, at the N the left lower line slanting, the E and R are also little bit different

See as example the picture of the R

regards

Dirk

As said I have serious doubts about either item. Heeres Verwaltung simply would not ever be used on a Waffen SS ekm. But perhaps someone else has seen similar and can answer your questions.

No problem, I'm collect and digging since 30 years, and I know that there are always different opinions and experiences.

As above mentioned I did not want to discuss about good or not good (I know that they're real ) but only about what the abbreviations are called.

The Alu dog tag I think it could be Hauptamt (für) Verwaltung (der) Lagerverwaltung or Lager hygiene ???

Nevertheless, thanks for you feedback

Best regards,
    Dirk

Of course Dirk , I quite agree. Opinions are like faces, we all have one. I'm only commenting what I know from my own experiences and if anyone else can show me a soldbuch with either inside them then that would be great for you.

?

I have never seen any authentic tags stamped like those two. The letter abbreviation is nonsense, Reich did not have a division level roll number, LAH was not formatted that way. What is the roll number on the second disk posted?

I'm too, that is the reason why I have open this post
    I think the Nr 78 is the (Markennummer) personalized number
    On the second I cannot see more as on the photo visible, but I can see that the runes were made by hand ( screwdriver? )
    So it's probably a self-made stamped dog tag

regards
    Dirk