Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U boat KM

Article about: I have this KM from a POW taken from U-boat 230 with a pow processing card. I am excited about this set can I get any expert opinions?

?

Default U boat KM

I have this KM from a POW taken from U-boat 230 with a pow processing card. I am excited about this set can I get any expert opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U boat KM   U boat KM  

U boat KM  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U boat KM
    P
    Many

I'm not seeing any screaming red flags...but let's see what the tag guys have to say...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The document looks fine, but it cites the tag info as uo 55663, and yet the tag is a zinc KM 55663 and not gilt washed zinc. So although I have no problem with the paperwork I query if this tag was the one he wore. Other opinions will be welcome.

I should add that it is the content of the disc I'm questioning, not the material its made from as zinc tags are not uncommon in late war tags.

?

Blackcat Should the disk be marked differently? It is zinc with some kind of finish on it but what should the stamping be? When I ask others about your query I get confusion.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Blackcat Should the disk be marked differently? It is zinc with some kind of finish on it but what should the stamping be? When I ask others about your query I get confusion.
    Happy new year Eike.
    The issue I have, or rather query, is the fact that the document appears to cite the tag details differently from what is actually stamped on the disk you have. With forms and officialdom would you not expect the details on the disk to match the tag?

?

Got it, it should be stamped "UO" not Kreigsmarine? correct? it is a guilt washed tag but most of the coating is gone.

?

Blackcat,

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you!

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Got it, it should be stamped "UO" not Kreigsmarine? correct? it is a guilt washed tag but most of the coating is gone.
    Correct. The KM stamped tag with the same number seems odd to me. If it were on its own I would not question it being anything other than original, but with this document it is odd.