Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown I'd tag

Article about: Bought a new I.d. tag and am hoping that someone with more knowledge than me can identify the markings for me. Thanks as always! Darren.

Default Unknown I'd tag

Unknown I'd tag

Bought a new I.d. tag and am hoping that someone with more knowledge than me can identify the markings for me. Thanks as always! Darren.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown I'd tag
    P
    Many

SHD was the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst [Security- and Aid Service], an air defence organisation set up before the war that was specifically tasked with relief- and rescue work after air raids. Its duties included fire fighting, salvage work, decontamination, medical- and veterinary assistance, public utilities repair etc. In 1942, the SHD as such was disbanded, its units and personnel being partially transferred to the Luftwaffe and partially to the newly-formed Luftschutzpolizei [Air Defence Police].

Sorry, I cannot comment on authenticity.

Wow thanks for the fast reply!. Always a pleasure hearing from you HPL!

?

I must say I do like this erkennungsmarke. I don't see any apparent red flags but I can't look in my books right now, I am at work till late tonight. But I do think another member will come along and give a definitive answer

?

A little bit late with my reply. As I have stated above your erkennungsmarke is a nice original.
    It is from Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienst, Luftgau VI, Luftschutzort 22.

Regards, Rik

Thank you for all the replies. Again I'm faced with multiple items I've obtained across the board and not enough time to study or research them.