Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Wermaht tag?

Article about: Hello! Help me determine what kind of troops this medallion belongs to?

Default Wermaht tag?

Hello! Help me determine what kind of troops this medallion belongs to?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wermaht tag?   Wermaht tag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wermaht tag?
    P
    Many

?

Its a Luftwaffe coded dog tag.

57055 refers to the:
    4./Stuka-Geschwader 2,
    10.(Panzer)/Schlacht-Geschwader 3

Soldier number 43

?

But is it a good one ? Here one from Russia.Wermaht tag?Wermaht tag? I see a lot of similarities when it comes to numbers and letters. But I also see differences.These types of EKMs often have large carrying holes. And are they made of a specific material. I thought I knew. But maybe other people will correct me.

?

Usually yes you are right, luftwaffe (and tank) tags are steal so the heat / fire etc. doesnt damage the tag, but there are exeptions, when they dont have the correct blanks its better to issue a tag than to wait on supplies... So you will find that from time to time that tags from the same unit are in different Material.

Also the time of issuance can be a factor in that, like before the order to issue steel tags came in they obviously issued Aluminium / Zink ones.

Ill attach pictures of my 2 tank tags from the panzer ersatz abteilung 5, one zink, one stainless steel.

- Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wermaht tag?  

?

Thanks for your answer very interesting to read. And very nice ekms to see. I haven't seen them before. Nice. You have valid arguments. But what strikes me about the 2 Luftwaffe ekms are the closely spaced stammroll numbers, but the deviating of the numbers, for example the 5 and the 7 and the 0.And the letters N and r also seem to be different. It seems to me it have been a different stamp set. Maybe I'm not seeing it very clearly.

?

No you are right, the font is different but same unit can use different stamp Sets... Look on my tank tags again also different font, stamp Sets do wear our and need to be replaced, which is bad for us collectors but to the soldiers as long as your remains get identified it doesnt matter.

So to concluded its good to have a bunch of pictures of known real tags and always compare to see what font the units had.

Little addendum to my reply in post #4: Once a Zink/Alu tag had been given out to flying personnel / tank units and a stainless steel tag was available later, they issued these new ones to the guys still Having the Zink/Alu ones.

Although the mobilierungs nummer is the same and the materials different there can be no assumption that the ekm were issued at the same time. Zinc made ekm are faked and a look at both sides should be considered before saying it is a good one.

I think the ekm in #1 has a chance, similar font. No obvious blooming on the reverse side. Is it a ground find or from a dealer?