Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What is it?

Article about: Hello my friends The number font('7' and '2') imprinted on this is what I've seen on other genuine dog tags. But is this a dog tag that really exists? Or is it a fake? What is the purpose? B

?

Post What is it?

Hello my friends

The number font('7' and '2') imprinted on this is what I've seen on other genuine dog tags.
    But is this a dog tag that really exists? Or is it a fake? What is the purpose?

Best regards
    S.W.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is it?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is it?
    P
    Many

?

I believe it is supposed to be a Industrie Marke. These were erkennungsmarken for civilians working on plants or factories, for instance workers in the aviation industrie.
    I can't comment on authenticity as I have not studied these Industrie Marken.

Regards, Rik

That would make sense abut it being a civilian erkennungsmarke.

For a very short period during World War II, the Carl Zeiss Optical Factory at Jena built Sonnar lenses in the M39 lens mount used by their biggest competitors, Ernst Leitz Cameras in Wetzlar. During WW2 trade with Nazi Germany was either restricted or forbidden in most countries. The German government, needing foreign currency for the ongoing war effort, appointed the president of Carl Zeiss to coordinate export of German products, probably because of Zeiss’s established contacts with foreign companies.

Carl Zeiss Jena | Leicaphilia

I'm not familar with workers tags but this is a fake for sure!
    Blank is not original.

?

Quote by Austrian View Post
    I'm not familar with workers tags but this is a fake for sure!
    Blank is not original.
    also I think Zeiss ikon engraving is poor.