Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would Appreciate Help

Article about: Greetings, fellow collectors! I have been collecting relics from many conflicts throughout the past 10 years. I have recently picked up a few German ID discs. It is truly sad that there are

Default Would Appreciate Help

Greetings, fellow collectors!

I have been collecting relics from many conflicts throughout the past 10 years. I have recently picked up a few German ID discs. It is truly sad that there are people out there faking, but there are bad apples in every bunch. I'm hoping that a few of you pros can help me out here. I will attempt to post pics of the discs in my possession. I'm glad to have found this site and look forward to being a part of it.

Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would Appreciate Help   Would Appreciate Help  

Would Appreciate Help   Would Appreciate Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Would Appreciate Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Would Appreciate Help

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

You'll need to take some clearer shots of your tags, close up with a plain background would be better and no flash if possible.
    Heres a link to a sticky post which should help you take the shots we need.

http://https://www.warrelics.eu/foru...-medals-19638/

I look forward to a closer look at your tags.

Glenn

?

Hi Good Pwny- welcome to the forum; sure we can help you out.

Glenn's right that better pictures would be more helpful, but I can see some things with these:

The first disc appears to be Flieger-Ersatz-Bataillon XII, although I can't quite make out the Kompanie info.

The second is Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 453(?)

The third (half) is a WWI type with the soldier's name, home address, birthdate (Feb. 27, 1898) and usually various units.

The fourth is Nachrichten-Ersatz-Bataillon 171

The three WWII discs should all be able to be found on the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site- follow the directions in the 'sticky' thread at the top of the Erkennungsmarken section list of threads and you'll get the info.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thanks for the quick response, guys! Apparently photography isn't at the top of my skill list. I'll post a few more pics, and hopefully they will be better. My concern is if the discs are real. Do you think so from what I've posted?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Would Appreciate Help   Would Appreciate Help  

Would Appreciate Help   Would Appreciate Help  

I think they're real discs but only a real closeup on each one will confirm it one way or the other.

Thanks, Glenn! If you double click on the pic of the 3, it looks pretty good. I'm not sure I can get much better pics. I can keep trying to take the perfect pic if more are needed. I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to look! Thank you so much!

?

The second series of pictures is more readable, so I can add some missing info:

Rekruten-Kompanie/Flieger-Ersatz-Bataillon XII
    Stamm-Kompanie/Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 453
    Ersatz Kompanie/Infanterie-Ersatz-Bataillon 80 - disc from WWI as it was mentioned by Matt L

Stacez, thanks so much!

?

Yup, they're all fine- fakers don't usually bother with regular army stuff and stick mainly to SS. That doesn't mean there are no Heer fakes, but they're not common. There are far too many real ones and they're not worth nearly so much...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Very cool, Matt. I got two of them from a reputable dealer and wasn't too concerned about them. I was curious about one of the others. I'm grateful for all the help given here. I have a lot to learn from you guys, as I've got a few more on the way. This is a pretty awesome site!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast