Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1970s Soviet Army Tunic

Article about: Hello folks. This one's a bit out of the realm of my usually collecting interest, but as Cold War militaria is an increasingly popular area these days, I thought it would be a good idea to d

Thank you for your continued help. I'm a newcomer to Soviet militaria, and there's a lot to take on, but I know a lot more now than I did this time yesterday! I think I'll leave my tunic without a belt and go looking for a cap instead. I hate to pick your brains again after you providing me with so much help already, but the only sergeant's visor caps I've been able to locate are red-piped ones, like this: ☭☭☭ Soviet Russian military vintage hat army sergeant peaked cap olive visor | eBay

Would that style of cap fit my tunic, or was there a version specifically meant for radio operators and communications troops?

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1970s Soviet Army Tunic
    P
    Many

I have this exact example of the cap you have linked. It is 100% correct for your uniform, after 1969 a lot of piping and band colors were integrated into the standard crimson and black that you see on a huge amount of Soviet visors from the 1969-1991 period. Before 1969, the cap for special troops had black piping and a black band, however this was removed in 1969 following the new sweeping uniform regulations.

The cap you sent applies to, Tankers, artillery and special troops (which applies to you as the Communications and engineers fall under the category of special troops)

And you are not pestering me my friend, you do not know how happy I am to share my knowledge of my passion!

Quote by Spenwil73 View Post
    I have this exact example of the cap you have linked. It is 100% correct for your uniform, after 1969 a lot of piping and band colors were integrated into the standard crimson and black that you see on a huge amount of Soviet visors from the 1969-1991 period. Before 1969, the cap for special troops had black piping and a black band, however this was removed in 1969 following the new sweeping uniform regulations.

The cap you sent applies to, Tankers, artillery and special troops (which applies to you as the Communications and engineers fall under the category of special troops)

And you are not pestering me my friend, you do not know how happy I am to share my knowledge of my passion!
    Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it, and as a newcomer to this field of militaria collecting I'm glad I haven't made too much of a nuisance of myself! Now I know what I'm looking at is correct, I've picked up one of the above caps. There's a pretty big wait in regards to delivery, but where better to buy this stuff from than the country it was manufactured in?

Regards, B.B.

I must say hands down, The Ukraine is the absolute best source for cold war Soviet militaria. of course their shipping is a bit on the higher spectrum, but it is leagues better than Russia by cost and delivery time. a little tip if you plan to explore this field of militaria more often.

I must say hands down, The Ukraine is the absolute best source for cold war Soviet militaria. of course their shipping is a bit on the higher spectrum, but it is leagues better than Russia by cost and delivery time. a little tip if you plan to explore this field of militaria more often.
    Thanks for the tip-off. I'll keep it in mind for any future purchases. For now, the long wait begins!

B.B.

TWS
    ?

My experience is merely anecdotal, but totally confirms your post. When I was in Kiev I visited a flea market - incidentally not a far walk from the war museum - and there was all manner of cold war Soviet militaria available there. I had nothing to carry any possible purchases in, so I abstained... although I almost bought a tee shirt with a smashed hammer and sickle on it that said "The Party Is Over".
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Yes absolutely, I've been told by a couple sellers that Ukraine and former satellite states sell a ton of soviet stuff because they want to forget it and cut all ties with their communist past.

I wanna share this link, it is a very helpful website and maybe it can offer some assistance as well in search for the correct visor:
    Under the Red Star; understanding the uniform visor caps of the Soviet Army, Navy, Air Force, security forces and civilian agencies of the Cold War
    On the left side index you can find for every branche the visors and caps put in periodical order.

If you are unable to find help on that site, you can also contact its owner Randall Stewart. He is fast to respond and happy to answer questions, He is a very nice man.

I learned that the 11-75 stamp would indicate the time of issue, Just thought it would help to know because I too did not know beforehand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2