MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets

Article about: I see nothing inconsistent with the lend lease M-35 (construction) and 43 (materials) in the virtual museums posted on other respected dealer websites. This is a "one off" item fou

Gentlemen,

Without the intention of going off topic from the original theme, I had some shots of some of the many M35/41 pocket variants that I took some time ago - for both soldiers and commanders. All of these are courtesy of Dave Webster.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets   Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

Attached Images Attached Images Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets 
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets   Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets   Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets   Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

Attached Images Attached Images Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets 

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It seems to me that it started out as an M43 but ended up being modified to resemble an M35 - most likely as a film / "theatre" costume.
    Perhaps not... I think I jumped the gun here.

I found these images of a 1960s era BOXP gymnasterka on one of the Russian websites.

The type of construction and fabric type is quite similar - at least according to my eyes....

Dom
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post

I found these images of a 1960s era BOXP gymnasterka on one of the Russian websites.

The type of construction and fabric type is quite similar - at least according to my eyes....
    This is indeed the same fabric

Well spoted

Even the cloth seem to be the same.

Do we know the periode of use of these BOXP gym?

All the best

Bruno

?

Excellent detective work! Like the pictures of pockets too.

?

A period picture of a round pocket (non-square) on a NKVD tunic.

Another informative link on the topic; Mint 1940. dated Gymnasterka ...

Last edited by NATJER; 10-18-2020 at 06:32 PM.

?

I'd say the tunic above was 1920s vintage rather than M35. The bottom of the button flap is square rather than pointed.

Here's a reference.

?

I have been looking for years but I finally found a picture of a guy wearing a gym with a round pocket with a closed slat bar. This is probably a a M31 model Type A (closed slat bar). The NKVD models were more likely to have an open bar with round pockets (Type B).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  
    Last edited by NATJER; 12-05-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9