Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M35 gymnasterka with cap

Article about: Hello Members, I don't have very much knowledge of the m35 gymnasterka's also with the caps. There are no markings from dates. The bottom from the gymnasterka has been extended. What are the

Default M35 gymnasterka with cap

Hello Members,

I don't have very much knowledge of the m35 gymnasterka's also with the caps.
    There are no markings from dates.
    The bottom from the gymnasterka has been extended.
    What are the opinions about this set? Are the both items original wartime?

M35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 gymnasterka with cap
    P
    Many

Always scary when no markings are present, the stitching on the inside of the cap indicates it used to have an oilskin label attached. If it is an original Soviet cap, this is a post war feature and the cap was refurnished to look more ww2 like with a square bill and crushed like appearance. keep in mind that fake caps can still have the diamond shaped label inside them but they are almost always completely unmarked. I wont add much input for the gym as I don't have enough experience with them but I will say in my opinion the thread looks quite off and "shiny" in my book.

Cap is not good. Look at the removed makers label. I think Spenwil73 is spot on and this cap is altered to look like a wartime model.
    Uniform also looks remade but better pics are necessary.

?

The gymnasterka's pockets look very 'long' to me and, being bellowed, the cut looks more like that for an army officer. The collar tabs are for an other rank however.

Some of the features look correct, but the whole impression given by the set-up is bad (for me at least).

Agree 100% on the cap. The peak is likely re-applied.

Thank you all for the expertise and information.
    See below more inside pictures from the gymnasterka.
    Are the photo's enough to say its good or not?
    The collar tabs are not good in mine opinion, they are repro I guess.
    M35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with capM35 gymnasterka with cap

My initial thought was a lendlease gym altered drastically to look like an early war gym. Not sure now.

?

I don't have any issue with the material and the cut (including the recycling of material for the back of the pocket flap).

Big issues for me would be the absence of reinforcement around the seam where sleeves join body and the strange customisation. They made this pattern after the war for civilians and of course 'theatre forces'. Personally, I'd wait for a less suspect example to come along.
    Last edited by Boycie; 12-22-2020 at 02:36 PM.