Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mundir Tunic of Medical officer

Article about: Hello! this is one of my collections. medical officer, Colonel Shoulder Boards are M1946 Shape! Thanks.

?

Default Mundir Tunic of Medical officer

Hello! this is one of my collections.
    medical officer, Colonel
    Shoulder Boards are M1946 Shape!

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mundir Tunic of Medical officer
    P
    Many

The OPWI and OPWII need to be switched to be in the correct order, even though both are 1985 editions.

A very nice early post-war mundir jacket for both the medical and veterinary service.
    The 1946 shoulder boards also belong on this jacket. They are the shoulder boards of a colonel of the medical service (Полковник, медицинской службы).
    Golden rod of Asclepius is medical service, silver rod of Asclepius is veterinary service.

Did you buy the jacket including the awards?
    The Order of the Red star and the guards insignia look like WWII variants to me. Do you know the serial number on the back of the Order of the Red star?
    Both Orders of the Patriotic War are 1985 variants. It is quite possible that both were attached to the jacket by the original owner. I would therefore not replace them with WWII variants.
    Photos show that many Soviet WWII veterans wear their old uniforms on Victory Day (День Победы). Their awards are often supplemented with post-war medals and pins.

?

yes, they are 1985 editions. I'm so sad about my financial situation so I'm wondering changing it afterwards.
    Thanks!

?

Hello Asjemenou, Yes, I bought the jacket and awards at once from a Russian family I know. The order of the red star seems to be 211105X. The last letter is unrecognizable. um.. Is it ok to not replace the 1985 edition award? Thanks for the information!

Do not change the jacket or the awards. Leave it as it is.
    The Order of the Red star with the serial number 211105? is a nice copy. It was granted in 1945 as a real award and not for long service.
    It might be interesting to have the order examined. This way you can find out whether the order really belongs to the jacket.
    After all, a medic will not have earned an Order of the Red star by taking out an enemy tank.

Very nice jacket and agree if awards came with jacket then leave them as is. If he had the WW2 awards the family may still have them. Thanks