Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I would appreciate some help with clothing related artefacts, can you please help me. First question relates to these kinds of hooks. Are they uniform or undergarment relate

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much for your kind help here Bob. This information was very,very useful indeed. I am also grateful that you added a cm scale to the picture!

I have added this information to the official research report.

Best, Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

One more odd object from the remains of two fallen Sovjet soldiers. All help welcome.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)   Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  

Jan
    ?

Just wanted to share a picture of a conserved find from one of the fallen Soviet soldiers, a pocket knife. Sadly no initials or other information that could help in identifying the soldier.

All help with the previous, probably uniform related item is still welcome!

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  

Jan
    ?

Could the hook be from a pair of Soviet pants - so called "sharovary"? Does anone know if these kind of hooks were common in other types of Soviet uniform pants.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941) 

?

Hello, weren’t those hooks German? Raul

Quote by Jan View Post
    Another item from the same context. Best, Jan
    I don't know whether chain like this was used as a pull-through but I do know that it was one of the most common types of generic light duty chain in the domestic and light commercial environment during my youth.

During my military service we used literally miles of it as key chains or retaining chains on box lids even to hold the safety pins on vehicle towing hooks as well as the caps on water jerry cans.

I still have a few lengths in the house that I use as household key chains and it is sometimes found on rolls in hardware stores and DIY outlets.

The type is usually made in brass although not always and the links are made by folding punched sheet metal. It has a name for the style but sadly that elludes me at the moment.

So it could be for anything but as it appears to have been in some sort of quantity in a cloth bag it may have been an unused length?

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Jan
    ?

Hi Raul,

Not in this case as the buried are Soviet soldiers that didn´t encounter German troops in mid 1941.

Best,

Jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2