Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pocketed M43 .. an odd one

Article about: Alright, here we have a tunic I'm a little confused with. It has a 1948 or 1949 warehouse stamp while the other older stamp is a bit faded and hard to read. It honestly feels like wartime ma

?

Default Pocketed M43 .. an odd one

Alright, here we have a tunic I'm a little confused with. It has a 1948 or 1949 warehouse stamp while the other older stamp is a bit faded and hard to read.
    It honestly feels like wartime material and the backside of the pockets seem correct, but the pockets look a bit funky to me (look how high they are!). Is this a wartime tunic? My gut says yes, but I'm always wondering.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pocketed M43 .. an odd one
    P
    Many

?

They didn't change material suppliers on 9 May 45 so there's every chance this is a 1948/49 tunic made of wartime material. (I'd agree it looks good for wartime btw).

I note it doesn't have elbow pads which became standardised on gymnasterkas in OR fabric (vs dark green), this would support an earlier construction hypothesis.

To be honest, i'd trust the stamp. Maybe damp it a little to get more clarity?

Any markings on the back of the buttons? How are the shoulder boards to be fixed? (This is is often quite improvised on early 43 pattern garments).