Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rank Stars

Article about: Couple questions about Red Army, Navy and Security Services rank stars during the 1943-1947 period: -- What was the base metal and were they plated gold and silver? Were there variations? Ma

?

Default Rank Stars

Couple questions about Red Army, Navy and Security Services rank stars and branch of service devices during the 1943-1947 period:

-- What was the base metal and were they plated gold and silver? Were there variations? Many apparent period examples show stars in a brownish alloy color and it can be difficult to determine based on photo coloring and condition whether these were the appearance as made during the period or the silver or gold wash or plating has worn off with age.

-- Many gold lace boards are seen with apparent gold-colored stars and silver with silver. Perhaps this can be a red flag as to authenticity or provenamnce to the wartime period, but was this also a common variant to the regulations of silver on gold and cvice versa?
    Last edited by Slobo; 06-30-2021 at 04:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rank Stars
    P
    Many

?

I think that by regulations, combat arms of service wore gold whilst technical and support services wore silver.

In reality, i don't think this was strictly enforced during wartime.

Most of the (believed) wartime examples I have come across are magnetic but i'd be amazed if alloy examples didn't exist.

Wartime stars tend to have a flatter profile than post war.

If you have your eye on some online, post pictures to get the full benefit of the forum's knowledge.