Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?

Article about: Looking for information on these soviet shoulder boards. So far identified the first pair as coastal artillery but not sure if the black collar tabs go with them. Other 2 sets I cant find fo

?

Default Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?

Looking for information on these soviet shoulder boards. So far identified the first pair as coastal artillery but not sure if the black collar tabs go with them. Other 2 sets I cant find for sure what they are.

Can anyone tell me what era these are all from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?   Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?  

Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?   Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?  

Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?   Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?
    P
    Many

?

second set
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?   Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?  

Russian shoulder boards and collar badges. Coastal artillery?  

?

3rd set

All of these sets are actually Bulgarian If I am not mistaken, all from the 1950s before the Bulgarians diverged away from Stalinist era uniforms in the 1960s

?

Can you tell me what units they are? Such as artillery etc.

A lot can be found online, you can start here (it never hurts to do some own searching ): Military ranks of Bulgaria - Wikipedia

?

I had a look online and found one set to be coastal artillery but the others I can only see the rank and not the corps which they came from. It seems Bulgarian sets have a lion on the button however these have bakerlite soviet stars so I am confused.

The shoulder epaulettes and ranks of the Bulgarian army are based on those of the Russian army. This was already the case at the time of the Bulgarian Tsarist army before 1944.
    The shoulder epaulettes and collar insignia are those of the Bulgarian People's Army from the period 1950-1990; Category:Rank insignia of Bulgarian People's Army (1950-1990) - Wikimedia Commons .
    The uniform buttons of the Bulgarian People's Army bore a communist star. After 1990, the lion was reintroduced on the uniform buttons. The lion is a Bulgarian national symbol and is also in the national coat of arms.
    I do have the idea that the sets of shoulder epaulettes/collar tabs are composed. Just look at the stars (service dress and field uniform).
    The shoulder epaulettes for the service dress have covered buttons for the field uniform.
    On Ebay there is someone from Bulgaria who sells uniforms of the Bulgarian People's Army. Take a look at his advertisements to get an impression of the uniforms of the Bulgarian People's Army; Bulgarian Army soldier Cold War Greatcoat winter wool Uniform Border guards | eBay .