Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Uniform M43

Article about: Gents, Need your help with this Russian M 43 or so I think. The inside of the top is dated 45 but I am not sure what the shoulder boards are? I think they are faded artillery but once again

Default Russian Uniform M43

Gents,
    Need your help with this Russian M 43 or so I think. The inside of the top is dated 45 but I am not sure what the shoulder boards are? I think they are faded artillery but once again not sure. Also the small ribbons are for being wounded. Thanks for your help. LWRussian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Uniform M43
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't take the seller's word that gym is 1945. The epaulette loops look too narrow and the buttons securing the pogoni are wrong. Why not get some pictures of the stamps, inside of the pockets and back of the buttons?

As for the pogoni, they are a private's, so less likely a match to this gym if this indeed was a wartime garment (pockets present).

Something's not quite right with the piping - is it painted on and are these pretending to be wartime home made? If so, they don't have the expected wide tongues associated with wartime pogoni.

Here are a couple more pictures with the marking on the inside of the jacket.
    Thanks as always and appreciate the comments!
    Russian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43Russian Uniform M43

?

To me the stamp reads швейная ф ка Калинин (sowing factory Kalinin). Can't see if that's и before Kalinin or г. Guessing г (for city) otherwise Kalinin would be genitive.

I think I can also see a year (55) scraped out and a 45 painted in. 1955 would be consistent with the construction and materials.

The wound badges have been clumsily applied. By all means by this as a nice 1950s gym; just don't pay a WW2 price for it!

As far as I know white stamps were almost always postwar.

Thanks guys!