Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.

Article about: This is a 1911 dated pre-war P08 Luger holster that was gifted to me by a former work colleague some years ago. Stamped Becker & Co, Elberfeld, the leather is also stamped with a BAX 191

Default 1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.

This is a 1911 dated pre-war P08 Luger holster that was gifted to me by a former work colleague some years ago. Stamped Becker & Co, Elberfeld, the leather is also stamped with a BAX 1911 in black ink inside the flap. I hope one day to display it with an Imperial Stormtrooper mannequin.

Andy

1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1911 P08 Luger Holster made by Becker &. Co, Elberfeld.
    P
    Many

Nice - and the leather is on lovely condition. Do you have the luger too?

nick

Thank you Nick. To even own Luger, I would have to have a gun licence and a permit to use it as movie prop, and then it would need to be locked in a gun safe when not in use, such are our draconian and knee jerk reactions and laws here in Australia....Meanwhile I could walk into any grocery store and purchase a 10 inch blade with witch to attack members of the public! Go figure!

A

Nice holster in good condition. Nice item to have.
    John

It's possible to own a live Luger pistol in Australia-I have 3 amongst other pistols-it is, however, a process to do so in the same way it is for a car-it's registered, you're licensed and there are rules to follow having it.

PS-There are 3 other possible solutions-a. Get a replica/reproduction Luger
    b. Get a deactivated 'actual' one.
    c, Buy a live one and get it deactivated.
    There are usually some old 'Imperial' examples around for b. and c. that were/are no longer safe to shoot, what Americans call 'part guns only'.
    Last edited by lithgow; 01-24-2021 at 03:18 PM. Reason: clarification

?

I luve those brown WW1 holsters.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Thank you Nick. To even own Luger, I would have to have a gun licence and a permit to use it as movie prop, and then it would need to be locked in a gun safe when not in use, such are our draconian and knee jerk reactions and laws here in Australia....Meanwhile I could walk into any grocery store and purchase a 10 inch blade with witch to attack members of the public! Go figure!

A
    I thought as much Andy - i remember you saying the laws were strict.
    I suppose the solution will be to keep the holster closed.

But Imperial Stormtrooper mannequin - you would need to have replica uniform? These things must be super rare now, especially the trousers.
    NIck

Quote by AndyM35 View Post

A
    Quote by lithgow View Post
    It's possible to own a live Luger pistol in Australia-I have 3 amongst other pistols-it is, however, a process to do so in the same way it is for a car-it's registered, you're licensed and there are rules to follow having it.

PS-There are 3 other possible solutions-a. Get a replica/reproduction Luger
    b. Get a deactivated 'actual' one.
    c, Buy a live one and get it deactivated.
    There are usually some old 'Imperial' examples around for b. and c. that were/are no longer safe to shoot, what Americans call 'part guns only'.
    The laws are different in NSW. If I was in WA, it wouldn’t be so much of an issue and I’d just purchase a deactivated. In NSW, I would have to have a licence and be a member of a club, or can purchase a replica for re-enactment and when not in use it would have to be locked in a gun safe. This effectively makes it not even worth bothering with if it can’t be put on display. I don’t have time to join a a gun club at the moment and would have to go out to the club regularly to keep the licence current.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I thought as much Andy - i remember you saying the laws were strict.
    I suppose the solution will be to keep the holster closed.

But Imperial Stormtrooper mannequin - you would need to have replica uniform? These things must be super rare now, especially the trousers.
    NIck
    Nick,
    I don’t really need one for a display but it would be nice to have one inside the holster to complete it. Yes, uniforms are now quite rare as many were repurposed post was and have either been altered or disposed of. Because of this they are now very expensive. For example a German WW1 Prussian 20th Regiment Officer Bluse is currently for sale on Regimentals for 2500 British Pounds. By the time you add pants etc it becomes very expensive. I’d mostly likely use a good quality replica uniform to display the gear until I can get a hold of an original uniform.

Andy

Very nice holster. I have a 1911 Luger in my collection, but no holster.
    Thanks for sharing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast