Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR

Article about: To celebrate my Birthday I purchased 2 Imperial EK2's and this is the first one. I really like the detail on the core to this one especially the crown on the Obverse & Reverse. There is

?

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR

To celebrate my Birthday I purchased 2 Imperial EK2's and this is the first one. I really like the detail on the core to this one especially the crown on the Obverse & Reverse. There is a very clear ring stamp 'FR' for the maker Friedlander & Co, Berlin and the frame has the usual age tone - patina that I love so much.
    It's a very nice piece indeed and I hope the fellow Imperial EK collectors out there like it as much as I do.

Wilko

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped FR
    P
    Many

Quote by Wilko View Post
    To celebrate my Birthday I purchased 2 Imperial EK2's
    Happy Birthday
    Another lovely cross for your collection. Friedlander made some very nicely detailed
    crosses.

I did the same thing just two weeks ago for my birthday.
    If my wife ever finds out how much I've spent on crosses, --- I'm a dead man.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thank you Greg, when I saw the detail on this core I just had to have it. I now have two marked Friedlander in my collection. One is Fr the other is this one. Different cores with this being the most detailed.
    Ken

Ken,

Let me firstly say, Happy Birthday to you! Secondly, you have really bought yourself a nice Birthday treat. Friedlander made crosses are one of my favorites and I absolutely love their craftsmanship and attention to detail. Well done!

My glass is raised in your honor!

Joel

?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Ken,

Let me firstly say, Happy Birthday to you! Secondly, you have really bought yourself a nice Birthday treat. Friedlander made crosses are one of my favorites and I absolutely love their craftsmanship and attention to detail. Well done!

My glass is raised in your honor!

Joel
    Thank you Joel, the big 50 and don't feel a day over 30 lol. There are a few makers that really stand out and they are very hard to resist when you see them. Friedlander are up there with CD and Godet crosses.
    Ken

There are a few variants of EK2 by Friedländer, signed Fr. FR or Fr 800. At least four different cores were used by this maker. Nice birthday gift
    https://tompress.shop - updates Thursdays at 8 pm CET