Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this 1916 gold for iron bracelet authentic?

Article about: It seems real to me but I’m not 100% sure because of the catch. Any help would be appreciated because I’m lost and don’t know what to do.

Default Is this 1916 gold for iron bracelet authentic?

It seems real to me but I’m not 100% sure because of the catch. Any help would be appreciated because I’m lost and don’t know what to do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this 1916 gold for iron bracelet authentic?   Is this 1916 gold for iron bracelet authentic?  

Is this 1916 gold for iron bracelet authentic?  

This is quite possibly a war time catch.
    As far as I know, these were used on pocket watches and such.
    I am also sure that these have been produced more recently as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    This is quite possibly a war time catch.
    As far as I know, these were used on pocket watches and such.
    I am also sure that these have been produced more recently as well.
    Ralph.
    I’m sorry to ask but what does war time catch mean? Also when you say they’ve been produced more recently, do you think this is one of them and what time period? Other than that it seems good and I appreciate the quick response!

?

With a quick search it looks fine to me

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    With a quick search it looks fine to me
    I looked it up but this one doesn’t have the same clip like all the others on the internet that’s why I was asking for help

Dos
    ?

The ones i've seen had more detail and a different clasp on the end. The first can be due to it being heavily worn and the second because of a different variation. There is also a piece missing that connects the end to a pocket watch or anything else. Hard to judge by these photos, since none of them have good lighting or are in focus. These are not that rare and expensive to find in complete and good condition.

Quote by Shellshocker View Post
    I’m sorry to ask but what does war time catch mean? Also when you say they’ve been produced more recently, do you think this is one of them and what time period? Other than that it seems good and I appreciate the quick response!
    Well, I have seen similar clasps on Gestapo, and Kripo disc chains.
    I once saw one on a TR era pocket watch for Panzer crews, as their pants had a small pocket and ring attached at the front for this purpose.
    Can I guarantee this one is not more recent, no, I can not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Well, I have seen similar clasps on Gestapo, and Kripo disc chains.
    Ralph.
    Here is an example of what I was talking about.
    GESTAPO ID Disc
    Ralph.

I purchased a whole collection of these at an auction, and all came from the same family. Your example is genuine and typical. I also have an example that would have been worn as a long necklace by a lady.