Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30

Article about: Recently picked up this regimental stein marked to the 2. Badisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.30 named to Fahrer Bähringer who served from 1895 - 1897. This regiment was a part of the XIV ar

Default 2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30

Recently picked up this regimental stein marked to the 2. Badisches Feld-Artillerie-Regt. Nr.30 named to Fahrer Bähringer who served from 1895 - 1897. This regiment was a part of the XIV army corps which fought in the Franco-Prussian war and on the western front of WW1.

There is some fading making a few of the words hard to read, but the painted details and artwork remain in good shape. I like the markings/insignia that make this stein a Baden one such as the thumb lift, the lid also has a portrait of Kaiser Wilhelm II. The only "problem" is that the lid attachment to the handle has loosened a little but it's not a big deal, I'm also not sure if this ever had an ornament on the top. I'll try my best to type the saying in below, but they probably won't translate well at all. I really like these personalized steins one day I'll have to add artillery pickelhaube to go with the two steins. Thank you for reading!

Wo artillerie sich zeigen ein jeder feind muls weichen macht platz kanonen kommen

das allerslärkste kriegesheer kann onne uns nichts marchen siegesgöttin lacht nicht eher, bis dafs kanonen krachen

Kanonendonner ist unlser Gruls!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30   2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30  

2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30   2nd Baden Field Artillery Regiment 30  

Cannon thunder is our greeting!
    Nice!! Thanks for share.

Regards
    Santi

A nice pickup!

MAP
    ?

I liked this one when I saw it as it is a bit unique. Different than the more common examples. Especially the colors used.

A nice find!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for the comments!

Quote by MAP View Post
    I liked this one when I saw it as it is a bit unique. Different than the more common examples. Especially the colors used.

A nice find!
    The flask you got is really nice I don't think I originally saw it at the show, the color and artwork on is great! Also, agree with your opinion on the "smalls" or more personalized non-equipment items like these, wish I had more room for them.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Thank you for the comments!

The flask you got is really nice I don't think I originally saw it at the show, the color and artwork on is great! Also, agree with your opinion on the "smalls" or more personalized non-equipment items like these, wish I had more room for them.
    That is the beauty of a huge show. We walked every aisle dozens of times over the 3 days. Each time seeing something new.

It was only on the last day that I saw this flask tucked away in the back of a multi level glass display case.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I can help you with the inscription:

Wo Artillerie sich zeigen ein jeder Feind muss weichen, macht Platz! Kanonen kommen!
    - Where Artillery shows itself, every enemy must yield, make Room! Cannons are coming!

Das allerstärkste Kriegesheer kann ohne uns nichts machen Siegesgöttin lacht nicht eher, bis die Kanonen krachen.
    - The strongest Army cant do anything without us, the Godess of Victory wont laugh, until the Cannons thunder!

Kanonendonner ist unser Gruß!
    - Cannonthunder is our greeting!

Quote by Adravor View Post
    I can help you with the inscription:

Wo Artillerie sich zeigen ein jeder Feind muss weichen, macht Platz! Kanonen kommen!
    - Where Artillery shows itself, every enemy must yield, make Room! Cannons are coming!

Das allerstärkste Kriegesheer kann ohne uns nichts machen Siegesgöttin lacht nicht eher, bis die Kanonen krachen.
    - The strongest Army cant do anything without us, the Godess of Victory wont laugh, until the Cannons thunder!

Kanonendonner ist unser Gruß!
    - Cannonthunder is our greeting!
    Thank you for the translations! I was having a hard time with google translate, especially with some of the German specific characters like "ß" I kept thinking that word was gruls which translated to nothing.