Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Argentinian contract Uhlan Lance Model 1895

Article about: Hello All, I’m having trouble finding any information past surface level findings from auction sites and a single wikipedia entry regarding the Argentine contract Model 1895 Uhlan Lance. D

Default Argentinian contract Uhlan Lance Model 1895

Hello All,

I’m having trouble finding any information past surface level findings from auction sites and a single wikipedia entry regarding the Argentine contract Model 1895 Uhlan Lance.

Does anyone here have any good articles/blogs/etc that goes more into detail regarding these? Im trying to track down an operational history, the different models that were in production for the Uhlans, as well as units produced.

Thank you for your time, Cheers!

Most likely the the steel parts of Argentine lances were made in Solingen, as the German companies WK&C and Alexander Coppel had significant trade with most South American militaries. My own WK&C catalogue from 1893 shows lance heads and "shoes" (the steel end piece of a lance). Obviously these companies didn't export assembled lances including the pole, these were made locally with the Solingen made heads and attached in the export country.

Understood. I assume then other marked parts, such as the brass pieces that lay on the outer portions of the grip were shipped with the steel parts.

Thanks for the information.