Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Austrian M17 repainted and restored, thoughts?

Article about: Thoughts about this restoration job? New chinstrap posts and new paint job also three small holes were present ontop of the helmet Which have been filled.

Anderson, It humbles me each time to meet a perfect human specimen, thank you dear sir to make me aware that i confused my native language and mixed it with English. I will do my very best to be perfect next time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian M17 repainted and restored, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Quote by Kaikun2001 View Post
    I tried my best to repaint the helmet to my own liking, I guess I’ll have to remove it if it looks golden. Also I am sorry for posting this in the first place.
    Whoa there, have no regrets! You did it for yourself and the naysayers will always have their opinions. ( "to each his own" as the saying goes )

Try telling a car restorer that their pride and joy is fake because its repainted, retrimmed and has fresh chrome!!
    Your next meal would be a knuckle sandwich
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

You asked for 'thoughts', so i have you my opinion, if you can't take any constructive criticism and only post to get compliments, then it's pretty pointless isn't it. Best regards

A helmet is not a car, and yes even a car with original paint is worth way more than a repainted one, the car is also always restored with original time period pieces. If you are of the opinion that repainting a helmet with modern day paint is restoration and believes this didn't damage the historical value, you should change hobbies my friend.

Omfg dude, 'naysayer'? For starters i never said i disliked his helmet and if i did, so what? Isn't the point of a forum exchanging opinions and facts about subjects. So has it come to, if you give some constructive criticism you get the grammar warriors and the social justice warriors to attack you. You guys both seem long time members, I'd pretty much expected other behavior from you. Knuckle sandwich my ass. Best regards

Hey Sharky, lost your sense of humour? Another valued attribute on any forum. Lighten up a bit buddy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2