Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Bavarian officers pickelhaube

Article about: Hi everyone I am considering buying this, Helmet which as the photos show the condition is very good I am asking advice would 950 Euro be a too high price? any opinions very welcome please

?

Default Bavarian officers pickelhaube

Hi everyone I am considering buying this, Helmet which as the photos show the condition is very good I am asking advice would 950 Euro be a too high price? any opinions very welcome please

Bavarian officers pickelhaubeBavarian officers pickelhaubeBavarian officers pickelhaubeBavarian officers pickelhaubeBavarian officers pickelhaubeBavarian officers pickelhaube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bavarian officers pickelhaube
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This one has me scratching my head, but I'm still cutting my teeth on these. Certainly not a 'standard' one so I will defer....So wait for others.

But better photos are needed. Straight on photos of all sides at a minimum. Close up of the stitching as well as the chinstrap mounts and the odd Corkade.

Have a look at the Kaiser Bunkers website. Lots of information there.

Kaiser's Bunker
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm no expert at all but I think this one has some issues.
    I have never seen a spike that looked like that. The shape looks wrong to me.
    Also, the base that the spike mounts to seems oddly shaped and it does not mount
    flat to the helmet body. Most all of the Bavarian officer helmets that I have seen, have
    pearls around the base of the spike. Also, most officer helmets that I have seen, have had
    the mounting base attached to the helmet with star shaped rivets instead of domed rivets.

These are just some observations from a real rookie. Hopefully others will share a more
    informed opinion.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thanks for all of the informative interesting replies , further research suggests this could be a police issued helmet

It is a Police helmet as shown by the lions on the side. 950 euros too much as it is not a military pickel, unless of course you want a Bavarian Police spikey in which case it's ok.

My honest advice would be to do a bit more research and look around as Bavarian Officers Spike usually are around 1200 plus euro for a nice ish one .

cheers

Tony

?

The cockade has been repainted and is incorrect color.

Sorry Gentlemen,

This is a total fake, made in the United Kingdom modern era manufacture helmet.

All the parts are spurious, as is the helmet shell and the liner system.

Some of the signs of this being a UK made repro helmet are as follows:

1.) The puckered out oversize leather sweatband. This is always the dead-giveaway on these made to fool helmets. The fools who made these never use a correct leather sweatband sized to match the helmet shell. The sweatbands are always far too big for the helmet shell. And, the other sure sign is the white thread stitch line that attaches the green cloth liner to the sweatband. The Germans never ever did a stitch line like that in their original helmets.

If the poster of this thead took "eye-to-eye" photos instead of these downward view photos looking downward at the helmet, I would be able to point out other things. But the downward view of the camera looking downward at the helmet prevents everyone from seeing other details I'd like to point out about the helmet, including the repro modern made parts on the helmet body.

Helmet body exterior finish is also the typical funky looking made in UK repro finish. That's because the fools who made these helmets put the smooth side of the leather on the outside of the helmet shell, instead of inside the helmet like the Germans made them.

Best Regards,

Alan

3.) Notice the weird shape of the helmet body. It is NOT shaped like a normal German made pickelhaube.