Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?

Article about: Just picked these up at an estate sale. The guy was a WW2 flying tiger pilot. Anyone know what uniforms and time periods these are from?

?

Default Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?

Just picked these up at an estate sale. The guy was a WW2 flying tiger pilot. Anyone know what uniforms and time periods these are from? Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?Can Anyone Identify these German and Austrian Buttons?

?

Top set are German and I believe from a civil official's uniform. The bottom set appear to be AH but that's about all I can say.

In my opinion, undoubtedly that are Austrian buttons.
    The shield has the "Doppeladler" the Austrian two-headed eagle. Also one of them, as we can see in the back, was made in Budapest.
    I have one just bought as souvenir at the Military Museum in Vienna a few years ago. They sell for a few cents.
    As the Austro-Hungarian Empire disappeared with defeat in the WWI, we know that it can not be later than 1918.
    I would say that it is a military button of the Austro-Hungarian army of the WWI.
    Best regards

In this photo it´s upside down (and a ribbon bar too) sorry.
    I posted in the thread "My KuK ribbon bar collection" The past October 2016.
    Best regards.

Default Diferent eagles

Here the difference between the Austrian imperial eagle (with two heads) of the golden button, and the German imperial eagle, of this soldier's medal made with a coin of a Kaiserreich of 1902

?

It turns out that the 4 buttons on the right, in the 2nd pic, are imperial russian.

?

After a closer look I have to agree with Joec30 - the second set are Russian

After an closer view. I´m agree.