Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1202

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Received this in the mail yesterday. Thanks once again to Steve for helping me get this one. Only sat in Chicago for 2 months!
    I believe this is the same cross pictured in the catalog. I'd never seen a real one and thought it looked close so I took a chance. Once I had it in hand and compared to the ad, I'm certain this is a John Bull U-Deutschland artifact! Opinions appreciated. Thank you!

Luke

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

I would say its the same one Luke, although I would question the assertion made by the catalogue that it's a; 'perfect replica of the notorious German decoration'. And I must admit that I was getting a bit worried about the length of time it was being held in Chicago... maybe they just fell in love with it and were reluctant to let it go!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

I be leave that I have a postcard of the DEUTSCHLAND when it made a stop in I beleave NEW LONDON, CONNECTICUT, USA. IT FEATURES A PHOTO of the CAPTAIN, in the left hand top and the boat in the center. would this be the same U-BOOT, as is being asked about? if so is it a common item?

Thanks Steve! Haha....I thought the same thing the first time I read that it was a perfect replica!
    I figured I would never get it so it was a nice surprise when it actually arrived.

Luke

Yep, that would be the U-Deutschland. There's many different postcards out there, please post it if you'd like to. I'm sure I've seen that one before.
    Thank you!

Got this Meissen plate coming up at work on Nov 20th

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model   Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Will this be up for auction?
    Thanks Ade!

It will. The catalogue goes live tomorrow night. The sale is on Nov 20th .
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

gregM - I've heard somewhere that 'turnabout is fair play'. However, I'd rather turn the other cheek and subscribe to your most-pointed testimonial, viz:

"I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around."

Full Fathom Five! Come about and maintain course direction of 180 degrees. After all... "That's What It's All About!"

I'm happy to finally add this miniature stick pin in my collection. For some reason it was very hard for me to photograph.

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model