Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog Tag

Article about: This is now on it's way to my collection.

Default Dog Tag

This is now on it's way to my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog Tag  

?

That is a very pretty erkenungsmarke! A lovely piece that is in great condition for being over a hundred years old. Thanks for sharing.

Imperial German Second Army

Regards, Rik

Can you post flat face on pictures of the front and back when you get this one please. I'm not sure about it myself.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Can you post flat face on pictures of the front and back when you get this one please. I'm not sure about it myself.
    May I ask what your concerns are? Because my first thought was that is was good. If I missed something I would like to know, so it will help me to not make this mistake again. Is it the font or the the look of the emarke itself that might be cause for concern?

Regards, Rik

Hi Rik,

My biggest concern is the complete lack of anything regarding his name, I've not any references to such a person/s ever living. The font is common among fake examples of WW1 Ekm. I'm cautious and with such items it is possible to research a fair amount before taking the plunge. I am happy to be proved wrong in this case.

?

Thank you for the explanation BC! I will keep an eye on this thread.

I'd always recommend asking hereabouts when it comes to checking before buying.

Front and back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog Tag   Dog Tag