Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)

Article about: Good afternoon, today I would like to share a recent purchase of mine. A Eisernes Kreuz second class with the stamped ‘800’ on the suspension ring, however I don’t know for sure why th

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)

Good afternoon, today I would like to share a recent purchase of mine. A Eisernes Kreuz second class with the stamped ‘800’ on the suspension ring, however I don’t know for sure why this number makes the cross anything more than any other. I’ve read it may have something to do with the type or amount of silver pertaining to the production of the award, however anyone with more facts or input would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)  

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)
    P
    Many

Sorry to say, I am not really a fan of this cross.
    I don't like how shallow the "W" is, nor the height of the date.
    Maybe Greg, AKA Chopperman, will have better news.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It does seem that the stamp on the inside is leaning to the right, and the height may seem off on the date. I am for certain however that this is a three-piece production and has the typical wear and tear. I’ve also placed a magnet upon it and it stuck, as well as slim piece of paper in between the outer rim and the iron center. Perhaps this may have been a poor example of a finished product? I also do not know who the manufacturer is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (800)  

The cross is a perfectly original piece.
    This core with the really shallow details is one of the variations used by the
    firm "Kline and Quenzer" More often than not, these crosses are marked "KO"
    and not with the 800 silver content stamp.

The 800 stands for 800 parts per 1000 of silver. Typical sterling silver is 925 /1000.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    The cross is a perfectly original piece.
    This core with the really shallow details is one of the variations used by the
    firm "Kline and Quenzer" More often than not, these crosses are marked "KO"
    Well, there you go. That'll teach me to check ALL of my resources next time before making a comment.
    Here is my KO marked cross for comparison.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)