Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ersatz pickelhaube Preussen 1895 model

Article about: Hi everyone. Looking to buy this one. No liner and a small moth hole. But otherwise looks rock solid to me. Shouldn't it have a front brass visor rim? What do you think? Cheers Paul

Default Ersatz pickelhaube Preussen 1895 model

Hi everyone.

Looking to buy this one. No liner and a small moth hole. But otherwise looks rock solid to me. Shouldn't it have a front brass visor rim?

What do you think?

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ersatz pickelhaube Preussen 1895 model
    P
    Many

Hi Paul,

As a war commodity, the front and rear visor trim was omitted as the war continued. I have a similar example without the trim and minus liner. On my version the wappen has been changed at some point in time as denoted buy the additional holes inside the front of the shell and lack of feldgrau paint Would be nice to see a side on close up of the Korkardes.

I confess to not having a lot of experience to offer with pickelhaubes but I like the overall look and patina on this example. Here’s a photo of my Filzhaube for comparison.

Andy
    Ersatz pickelhaube Preussen 1895 modelErsatz pickelhaube Preussen 1895 model

So Paul, did you purchase this one?

Very nice example you have in your collection Andy. I'm afraid I didn't win the auction. Still on the hunt. Years ago I saw a green Ersatz helmet for sale at the WW1 museum in Albert, France. (Weird that museums in France and Belgium sell of some of the collection in the museumshop). Very cheap compared with prices today. But at that time I didn't have the funds.

Cheers Paul

Thanks Paul. Shame you missed out but there will be others. Twice I’ve seen a pressed steel haube for sale but just missed out. It’s very frustrating but I guess part of what makes the hunt fun.

Yes, I’ve seen museums selling collection items and find it odd but perhaps they have lots of examples of the same item.

See example below of a pressed steel haube. They’re quite scarce.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Thanks Paul. Shame you missed out but there will be others. Twice I’ve seen a pressed steel haube for sale but just missed out. It’s very frustrating but I guess part of what makes the hunt fun.

Yes, I’ve seen museums selling collection items and find it odd but perhaps they have lots of examples of the same item.

See example below of a pressed steel haube. They’re quite scarce.
    And that type is quite expensive compared to the other pressed steel Pickelhaubes.