Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Father-Son Officer Combo

Article about: I picked this up some years ago on Fleabay, and unfortunately it wasn't cheap. But I thought the pieces were of an extraordinary nature and I wanted to preserve them as a group. These are th

Default Father-Son Officer Combo

I picked this up some years ago on Fleabay, and unfortunately it wasn't cheap. But I thought the pieces were of an extraordinary nature and I wanted to preserve them as a group. These are the medals of Major Ludwig Schoener and his son, Leutnant Richard Schoener. Ludwig commanded the Bavarian 15th Infantry Regiment, and his medal bar and EK1 are on the lower part of the display. The son became an officer in 1917 at age 19 and served in the 3rd Bavarian Foot Artillery Regiment. What really struck me was the inscription on the back of the frame, written by Richard in the 1960's. It basically states that the medals represent incredible hardship and should be treated with respect.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Father-Son Officer Combo   Father-Son Officer Combo  

That is a really really nice grouping.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I like it too, I can understand why it was not cheap.
    Congrats!
    I haven't been into Imperial long enough.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Wow very cool

MAP
    ?

This is just beautiful Vince. I really appreciate you showing something as special as this.

If I saw this, I would have "paid up for it" too even if it meant no lunch for a month.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Glad you guys like it, it's not common to find family groups where both were serving officers at the same time. Richard must have been quite the maniac, as he won his EK at the age of 17.

?

Stunning. A truly breathtaking set, and I’m glad it found the right guardian.
    Superb. Well done!
    Rob

?

nice score.