Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fleabay Tunic. Any help?

Article about: Saw this one on Fleabay, claiming to be a WW1 German Tunic of some sort. To me, it looks like a 1907/14 style tunic with the simplified cuffs and no red trim. But I need another opinion. Wha

Seller is asking an incredible 200 bucks. Guess this is definitely a case of "RUN!!!"

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Seller is asking an incredible 200 bucks. Guess this is definitely a case of "RUN!!!"
    just shake your head and turn away. No need to run. He either knows full well what he is selling in which case disdain is your best response, or he is a fool and you tutting in disbelief may well make him think harder about his"genuine imitation" crocodile skin shoes

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-03-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    '200':

In accord with Mark: At the best the seller doesn't know what he is selling (making him not trustful at all, because it's no mystery and secret behind this sort of tunic = Swedish). Or attention! trap! It looks like a 'real bargain' for a 'real authentic German WW 1 tunic' (too nice for being true).

For comparison: These Swedish tunics are sold for about 30 Euro in Germany.
    Please see: https://www.nva-uniformen.de/epages/.../16010049-0096

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 10-04-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2