MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle

Article about: Picked this belt and buckle up at a local auction . Gary

?

Default FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle

Picked this belt and buckle up at a local auction . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle   FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle  

FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle   FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle  

FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle   FURCHTLOS UND TREW buckle  

A nice Wurttemburg buckle!
    Congrats!
    Any maker's marks inside?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice original buckle
    Ben

?

Sorry Ralph no makers mark that I can see. The belt has been coated with something a long long time ago I think I can see a mark on that but with the cracking its impossible to make out. Glad you like it Ben . Gary

Gary probably a later war made one, pressed steel rather than the brass ones you normally see, around 1915 ish I think
    Ben

?

Hi Ben I agree was reading up on this buckle and they said they went to the pressed steel to save on war materials. Gary

Yes mate correct
    Ben

?

Belt and Buckle look good, belt should be marked on end with at least the size. Buckles would have a leather tab around the prongs and the unit marks would be on that. This tab is missing from many of them, I question if they didn't stop putting them on toward the end of the war. Although I do a a Wurtt. buckle with the unit stamped into the buckle itself. Is the belt missing the small leather piece on back with the holes for the buckle? I see two holes in the belt. This could be a field repair, I have a belt that never had the buckle strap and was made with the adjusting holes right in the belt (very late war made).

This forum has a board just for buckles, check it out. German Belt Buckles, Brocades and Straps from 1900 to 1945 https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...aps-1900-1945/

?

Aicusv the Leather tabis missing on both the buckle and the belt. Other then that I don't see any stamps on the buckle on the belt it looks like its marked bit time has taken ots toll on the leather .Gary

?

Still a good piece to have

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast