Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?

Article about: This helmet was offered for sale so I only can post these images, I know that they are not the best quality or angle, sorry for that. My guess is that it is not an original, but I am no expe

A good one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the help! I bought the helmet, I will post better pictures and details on the weekend.

?

Here are my own pictures of the helmet. I searched for markings, and the ET64 marking is no visible at all (the part where it should be is very pitted even compared to the other parts of the shell, so thats no surprise). Fortunately, I found the marking "R1805" on the top of the shell, which was missed by the seller when describing the helmet. I had to put a small flashlight inside the shell to illuminate it from an angle to make it visible on pictures, thats why the lighting conditions on that picture are not very good. For the helmet I paid 230 euros, give or take.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?   German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?  

German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?   German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?  

German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?   German ear-cut-out helmet: Original or fake?  

Thanks for the additional photos. It’s an original example with the ‘R’ being the letter for the rolling mill Stahlwerk Röchling,Volkingen. I can see from these photos that the shell has some light pitting, so I would say the manufacturers stamp has eroded or may have been a very light stamping. It’s got the correct size 64 lug and profile.

Well done, to have one in any condition in a collection is a good thing.

Andy

Have to agree with AndyM35, I'd be glad to find one even in this condition.

For sure a legit M18 ECO. No worries about this one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2