Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?

Article about: As I said in previous posting came in a estate lot... Annoyed from this ads?   It has a interesting wood and metal scabbard. The numbers ID are shown. Anyone know if this is indeed Worl

Default German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?

As I said in previous posting came in a estate lot...

It has a interesting wood and metal scabbard. The numbers ID are shown. Anyone know if this is indeed World War One? Sorry if I seem uneducated on this item!...Thanks for the help German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Mauser Bayonet (ID request) w/ Scabard ?
    P
    Many

Are you sure the scabbard is not leather? I'm no bayo expert, but the stamp does look WW1 to me. It also looks to be in great shape! I think your doing quite well between this and the helmet so far!

I'm thinking it's a German M98 Quillback - made
    from 1902 to 1917 - in a leather scabbard,
    as suggested.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Definetly a quill back looks to be cut down in length often done in wartime Turks also cut them down that one looks to have German WW1 or pre war regimental marks on it. Nice bayonet timothy

?

Looks like a nice cut down S98nA. Still having the regimental numbers stamped on it and the"cleanness" of the conversion makes me think that it was German done. Nice find!

Jim

Thanks for the help! In the Helmet posting , I included everything that came in this estate...I think the neatest thing is to think it all came back with one soilder. Hell , even got a chopper 1968 vietnam helmet with the guy's name. Maybe I should do some research on their family history..