Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gold Wound Badge Help please

Article about: Hello Can I ask your opinion on this wound badge please. I understand these are mass faked, like every thing else I guess. Is it a good one?? I get a bit paranoid with items that were made w

Default Gold Wound Badge Help please

Hello
    Can I ask your opinion on this wound badge please.
    I understand these are mass faked, like every thing else I guess.
    Is it a good one??
    I get a bit paranoid with items that were made with such variations in the first place.

Thank you for looking.

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Wound Badge Help please   Gold Wound Badge Help please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold Wound Badge Help please
    P
    Many

?

Hello Corey,

I've only just noticed this thread and hope that you haven't already bought this badge. It is a Japanese made fake sold through the Bekkoame/ Schmidt and Sohn website. These have been around for some years now and run the whole gamut of rear hardware, from the basic setup shown to more elaborate clamshell screwbacks etc. A big first glance tell on these badges is the pronounced leaf veining instead of stippling, and the noticeable thinning of the wreath at the 11 o'clock position.

Here is the company's 2021 catalogue. Be patient and scroll down the page to find the latest hardware incarnations used:

勲章/名誉章・リボン/バッヂ類情報−Schmidt&Sohnドイツ歴史 蒐集精密複製品型録

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Corey,

I've only just noticed this thread and hope that you haven't already bought this badge. It is a Japanese made fake sold through the Bekkoame/ Schmidt and Sohn website. These have been around for some years now and run the whole gamut of rear hardware, from the basic setup shown to more elaborate clamshell screwbacks etc. A big first glance tell on these badges is the pronounced leaf veining instead of stippling, and the noticeable thinning of the wreath at the 11 o'clock position.

Here is the companies 2021 catalogue. Be patient and scroll down the page to find the latest hardware incarnations used:

勲章/名誉章・リボン/バッヂ類情報−Schmidt&Sohnドイツ歴史 蒐集精密複製品型録

Regards
    Brett
    This is great information. Thanks Brett!

?

These are abundant on German eBay, and emedals seems to have a constant supply of them.

Regards
    Brett

Thank you for the information Brett, that's exactly what I needed ti know.

No I didn't purchase it.

I was hesitant just because it looked so clean from the front but now that you have pointed out the leaf details I have learnt something. So thanks again..

That's crazy the stuff they do, wow talk about a mind field. Especially for badges that were originaly made in such large quantities to start with...
    Here are my three (two silver and 1 black) that I have in the cabinet.....I had to have a good close look at them after your advice.
    They look OK to me but what do you think??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gold Wound Badge Help please   Gold Wound Badge Help please  

Gold Wound Badge Help please   Gold Wound Badge Help please  

Gold Wound Badge Help please  

?

Hi Corey,

There's nothing wrong with these ones, they're fine. It is one of the more common designs. I've got 8 of these myself in black and silver. Both cutout and plain.

Regards
    Brett

Great information.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.