Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?

Article about: Hi, I'ld like read your opinions about this pickelhaube mod.1915 that I'm thinking to buy... I don't read any mark or stamp, only 53 (the size) very little? Which is your opinions about leat

Default Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?

Hi,

I'ld like read your opinions about this pickelhaube mod.1915 that I'm thinking to buy...

I don't read any mark or stamp, only 53 (the size) very little?

Which is your opinions about leather, metal component, kokard and chin strap?

Thank you very much in advanced

Partisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?   Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?  

Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?   Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a good pickelhaube mod. 15 ?
    P
    Many

I think it looks good, the metal parts look correct for an M15, kokardes looks good, I can't say if the chinstrap is definitely original but it matches the wear of the rest of the helmet which is good. Liner looks correct they came in both black and brown, it also looks like there is a faint marking on the liner as well. Wait for more opinions but I think its a solid example.

Thank you very much, but I have the last question: I read that the metal parts were obtained with a chemical process. In this case, however, looking at the scratches on the tip and also the eagle, it would seem that they have been painted in feldgrau or grau. It's normal?
    Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Partisan

Looks good to me.
    A good chinstrap, but a mod 1895 for what I can see.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stuka f: "Looks good to me.
    A good chinstrap, but a mod 1895 for what I can see."
    Sorry for my stupid question, but it has a removable picke and this is not a feature of mod. 1915?
    Thanks

The helmet is , but the chinstrap looks like it has brass fitings, so I am assuming the chinstrap is part of a 1895 model.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for the clarification

A very good original M1915 Pickelhaube. Looks untouched to me too, it’s in very good condition. I like it. The chinstrap is most likely a replacement high quality reproduction.

?

The leather on the chin strap has been replaced but the fittings are original.