Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hannover pickelhaube Zierat

Article about: Hi everyone, On my vacation in Germany, to be specific Potsdam, I got this from a local antique shop in Potsdam. It's a helmet wappenplate or Pickelhaube Zierat from the first Hannover Army?

Default Hannover pickelhaube Zierat

Hi everyone,

On my vacation in Germany, to be specific Potsdam, I got this from a local antique shop in Potsdam. It's a helmet wappenplate or Pickelhaube Zierat from the first Hannover Army? The 9th Dragoner Regiment Metz King Karl I of Prussia. A long name but interresting plate which displays a long regimental history. Imaging that in the Peninsula war and Waterloo this regiment was allie to the British. Maybe someone has some more info.

There is some small piece missing on the scepter. I put it on an Prussian Pickelhaube for display (replica chinstrap). The patina does not match. I need to hunt down a nice Prussian Pickelhaube without a plate matching the plate. It's, I think, a 'Mannschafts' plate because the outer banners are part of the eagle and not a extra element on the eagle. I have seen that on officers examples. The attachment points were refitting I believe. The antique dealer told me that plates for common troops were switched every three or four months because the quality was so poor. Luckily this one is still around.

Hope you like it.

Cheers Paul

Last edited by Irish1965; 08-12-2021 at 10:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hannover pickelhaube Zierat
    P
    Many

Hi Paul,

I do not offer an opinion on its originality but as you say, the quality is not great. It is not of the pattern of DR 9 and the old Hanoverian army did not wear the Pickelhaube. It is rather, that of the type worn by most of Feldartillerie-Regiment von Scharnhorst (1. Hannov.) Nr. 10 from 24 January 1899 and the 1., 4., 5. & 6. batteries of Niedersächsisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 46 from 1 October 1899.

Regards
    Glenn