Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Inkwells question

Article about: Hello all looked for the correct location to post these but really couldn't find any posted for WW1 so I will put them here. Any idea how old these are? They are miniature metal Pickelhaube

CGR
    ?

Default Helmet Inkwells question

Hello all looked for the correct location to post these but really couldn't find any posted for WW1 so I will put them here. Any idea how old these are? They are miniature metal Pickelhaube Helmets. Some have a glass insert inside for ink some are missing. I have been buying these when I see them priced right for me but know nothing about them and nothing online I have found dates them.
    Any help greatly apreciated!

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Difficult to put a date on them, but probably wartime or immediate post war period... and they are very nice too! I have a cast miniature officers Pickelhaube with simulated cover and it is mounted on a marble base. I was told that it was the kind of thing that former army officers liked to have on their desk during the inter wars period.

Cheers,
    Steve

CGR
    ?

Thanks! Yes I saw yours in a search on here trying to find info on them. Yours is a very nice piece!

Just to add to what Steve has already said, I’ve also read that these were given as a gift between the upper echelon in the German army. They are quite exquisite and certainly collectible in their own right.

Andy

Hello,

I have several different ones of these that I've collected for many years. The majority of them are French made, specifically the ones with the sword or bayonet running through them. I have some with a Lebel style bayonet running through the helmet. I see you also have one with a sort of stylized battle ax running through the helmet. I have one similar to that as well.

I have one with a French town engraved on the front visor, and the eagle is quite accurate when compared to a Prussian eagle on a full size helmet.

Best Regards,

Alan

CGR
    ?

Thanks for the info guys! Not a lot of info on the internet about these.
    I have another one on the way although its finish and Eagle Plate is gone but they are still cool on the salty side.
    Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

MAP
    ?

Uber cool!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I see them occasionally at military shows but have no idea how to date them but
    I think that Steve is probably correct about them being a war time or just post war item.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CGR
    ?

While researching them a few months back I came across this one that sold at auction 2 or 3 yrs ago. Any ideas what Depose means? Would love to own one like this.
    Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Helmet Inkwells question

Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    Hello,

I have several different ones of these that I've collected for many years. The majority of them are French made, specifically the ones with the sword or bayonet running through them. I have some with a Lebel style bayonet running through the helmet. I see you also have one with a sort of stylized battle ax running through the helmet. I have one similar to that as well.

I have one with a French town engraved on the front visor, and the eagle is quite accurate when compared to a Prussian eagle on a full size helmet.

Best Regards,

Alan
    Some pictures of them would be nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast