Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Hindenburg folding knife

Article about: Hi all. A beginner collector contacted me seeking out info on this folding knife. I am struggling to find any info or value aside from a couple examples seen online in worse condition. The o

Default Hindenburg folding knife

Hi all. A beginner collector contacted me seeking out info on this folding knife. I am struggling to find any info or value aside from a couple examples seen online in worse condition.

The owner believes it’s worth a fortune; someone told her it should be in bank vault lol I know we don’t do valuations here, but is it safe to tell her she is incorrect in this belief?

Does anyone know anything about these please and thank you? I know they were mass made. But that’s about it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hindenburg folding knife   Hindenburg folding knife  

Hindenburg folding knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hindenburg folding knife
    P
    Many

Very interesting Matt as we have all seen the Duetchland erwache folding ...but I never seen a Hindenburg Knife. pretty cool. Let the others chime in as well

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Very interesting Matt as we have all seen the Duetchland erwache folding ...but I never seen a Hindenburg Knife. pretty cool. Let the others chime in as well

Regards Larry

Thanks for the comment Larry! Hopefully we can find some answers. Here’s a couple others I’ve just found while searching. If it weren’t for the others I’ve come across, I would’ve assumed it was trench art.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hindenburg folding knife  Hindenburg folding knife  Hindenburg folding knife 

They were sold after WW1 to raise money for destitute veterans. My uncle Walter had one. It's a nice item to have if you collect interwar items, but not worth millions, unless your buying with Weimar marks. Dwight

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    They were sold after WW1 to raise money for destitute veterans. My uncle Walter had one. It's a nice item to have if you collect interwar items, but not worth millions, unless your buying with Weimar marks. Dwight
    Awesome! Thank you so much Dwight! Really good to know. My guess is a couple hundred bucks tops? I’ve also encountered this version of the knife while searching. I will pass on the info to her, thank you kindly again.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hindenburg folding knife 

MAP
    ?

To be honest, I have no idea what the value is but if I was at a show and I saw this, I wouldn't pay more than $30.00 for it. Especially in the current condition.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map; I agree with you, but you (probably) and I (definitely) don't collect these things. The knife is worth whatever a guy is willing to pay for it. I have laid out some big bucks for U-Deutschland artifacts that others wouldn't give a dime for. Like the old adage, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Dwight

MAP
    ?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Map; I agree with you, but you (probably) and I (definitely) don't collect these things. The knife is worth whatever a guy is willing to pay for it. I have laid out some big bucks for U-Deutschland artifacts that others wouldn't give a dime for. Like the old adage, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Dwight
    Very true Dwight. At local shows, there are always cases filled with used pocket knives. Some run of the mill and others a bit more unique like this (but never this knife). Rarely are prices more than $50.

I will say however, that it doesn't belong in a bank vault but still a cool piece that is really interesting.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)