Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen-help w/ ID

Article about: I pick up this badge at a estate auction this last week-end, I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen, does anyone know which unit it was us by. I think that I got a good buy at \\$ 3

9mm
    ?

Default I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen-help w/ ID

I pick up this badge at a estate auction this last week-end, I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen, does anyone know which unit it was us by. I think that I got a good buy at $ 30.00
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen-help w/ ID   I think that it is the center of a helmet wrappen-help w/ ID  

Hesse?...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Hesse?...
    +1

It is most definitely Hessian, though similar to Leibgarde-Infanterie-Regiment (1. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr. 115 Helm Wappen it's shape is slightly different and not silver in color. I think it may have something to do with this Hessian Order though of a lower grade https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gro%C3...r_Ludwigsorden. I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to pin point it.

V/r Lance

It's 100% real, and it goes on the officer front plate of a 115th Liebgarde Infanterie Regt or a 24th Leib-Dragoner Regt helmet, or a 25th Artillery Reg't helmet.

Yes, you did well at $30.

Personally I'd be interested in making an offer on it if you don't want to keep it.

Best Regards,

Alan

9mm
    ?

Thanks for the information, but I think that I will hold on to it for now (will never find another one) But I would like to know what it is worth.

It's worth whatever someone who needs it to complete a helmet front plate is willing to pay for it which can change from person to person. At the auction where you bought it, apparently it was worth only $30 to those in attendance of the auction. Unless one collects pickelhaubes, the chances of finding the front plate or the helmet that it goes on out in the "woodwork" and not from a dealer, are probably about zero percent in any one person's lifetime. The odds of someone stumbling onto a loose part at an auction like you did are about zero percent also. I congratulate you on being so fortunate to find this piece.

I know a collector who is looking for the enamel center for a Wurttemburg General's helmet. His helmet is in beautiful condition, but his chances of ever finding the enamel piece that goes on the front plate of his helmet are about zero in his lifetime.

If you put it up for sale on eBay, you'll be able to find out what it is worth to someone who needs the part. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised at your $30 investment.

9mm
    ?

In other words there is “no estimate” of its worth-thanks any way

by member 9mm:
    In other words there is “no estimate” of its worth-thanks any way
    I believe the forum rules forbid price valuations from being posted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote by ww1czechlegion View Post
    I believe the forum rules forbid price valuations from being posted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    It is not actually a rule, but so many new members come here and that is the second question they ask.
    Right after "what is it" comes "what is it worth".
    Here is a good thread which I think pretty well says it all.
    Free authentication and valuation service.
    Personally, I refrain from answering that question when asked.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)