Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial German war flag

Article about: I found a new one that looks better and more real then the last one, if anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Default Imperial German war flag

I found a new one that looks better and more real then the last one, if anyone could help that would be much appreciated to tell me if it’s real or fake. Imperial German war flagImperial German war flagImperial German war flagImperial German war flag
    Last edited by Rmonde117; 11-27-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Also the dimensions are 166x88cm. If anyone can help authenticate the flag to see if it’s real or fake that would be great
    Last edited by Rmonde117; 11-27-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Also if someone could help me and tell me what these flags where made from. The seller said that the flag is not made from wool and i don’t know if that’s true. If anyone could help that that would be great

Be a good idea to wait until Alan has had a look. Certainly the eagle image is much more accurate than many fakes we see, but you also should ask for photos of the flag edges and close up image of the fabric. You have to remember these flags were also made post WW1 (1920's) for veterans as well as the post 1970's reproductions.

Ok, I got a pic of the eagle zoomed in
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German war flag  

CBH
    ?

The edge tape and ropes will give some details of its age.
    The hardware will tell the tale.

Also I just got word back from the seller and he said that the flag is made from cloth bunting.

Hers the pics of the rope and the side of the flag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German war flag   Imperial German war flag  

CBH
    ?

The top swivel shackle is on backwards, the eye should go through the rope and the open C section mates with a similar shackle to fly the flag. This would be a red flag for me, literally and figuratively.

Do you think that I was just put on backwards. And if it wasn’t is the rest of the flag ok?.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast