Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii

Article about: Prior to the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii, the Monarchy developed a relationship with the Prussians. the reason for this was that the Monarchy realized they lacked an army to defend th

Default Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii

Prior to the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii, the Monarchy developed a relationship with the Prussians. the reason for this was that the Monarchy realized they lacked an army to defend the Monarchy from outside interests and potential over throw. the images I am posting are on the www if there is interest in what you see here. their history is quite unique, the over throw of the Monarchy was disastrous to the Hawaiians and yet today the over throw fallout still ripples through the Hawaiian society. Sadly, greed by invaders, those people from the 1800's America for ever on their quest to dominate and steal. the Monarchy was keenly aware, but out maneuvered by what is truly criminal activity and redress is in want but yet ignored by Americas politicians.

if you find medals & other related military ephemera from the Kingdom of Hawaii at fairs or shows, these are highly sought after historical materials here in Hawaii.

the kingdoms troops were trained by Imperial German military members. The images, standing with Schellenbaum shows how deep that influence was embraced.

Mods if this post and thread does not belong here, my apologies as I was uncertain where to place this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii   Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii  

era taken images at the palace in Honolulu. this is the only Monarchs Palace in the USA. Apologies for twice showing the bottom image. the Royal Guard in the lower image stands before their barracks and fort. the fellow standing with his sabre is King David Kalakaua, the Merry Monarch. he garnered that name from his lavish entertaining foreign dignitaries and guests. He loved music and the hula and poker too, often times playing poker from nightfall to dawn. the Palace was the first structure to go fully electric before the White House did in the 1800's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii   Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii  

Last edited by Rich Moran; 10-04-2021 at 06:32 PM.

The over throw by the white men from America. King Kalakaua died enroute back to Hawaii from a trip to Europe and America. Queen Kapiolani was kept prisoner in her own Palace for about a year. Here is a link if you have interest.

Royal Family of Hawaii Official Website

With the images, the faces of the Royal Hawaiian Guard displays their emotions of anger and displeasure of the criminal over throw. Those emotions are still alive yet today in the Hawaiian society.

MAP
    ?

A forgotten piece of history to many.

I've been to the palace grounds a few times when I visited Oahu (I lived on Maui for a short time in the late 80's.)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We, my wife and I have visited the Palace a number of times. The influence of European architecture with the Hawaiian flair of Royalty is truly impressive to see.
    Here is a link to the Military Collection at the Palace. here are other links to images and items from the era. The tall devices that sits to the side of the Kings and Queens throne chairs are called 'Kahili' and made from the feathers of birds here in Hawaii and wood material as well as woven material all produced in Hawaii. The Kahili was used for the Royal procession so when Hawaii's citizens saw them from afar they realized the King and Queen were with them too.

At the link seen below is a magnificent blue paneled sword and the Kings scepter that is the first image seen. The second image left middle shows these wonderful artifacts but the close up at the link is a sight to see. The Kings medals are listed as well as his accouterments too.

Military Accessories – Iolani Palace

Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii   Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii  

Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii   Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii  

Another tidbit, Russia's attempt to take over Hawaii, early 1800's. The remains of Russians Fort Elizabeth on Kauai's south shore close to Waimea town.

Lost States: When Hawaii was Russian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Germanys Reach Into The Kingdom of Hawaii  

And even the French had a go at trying to take over Hawaii. The deep water port of Honolulu and Pearl Harbor is the gem of the Pacific and was realized by all who came here.

Ho‘okuleana: French Invasion of Honolulu

Impressive in the first photo shows the use of a Jingling Jonnie
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Impressive in the first photo shows the use of a Jingling Jonnie
    that Jingling Jonnie is on display yet today at the Royal Guards Barracks for all to see yet today.