Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine dress sword question?

Article about: Hello all, I have a question about this sword that I’m looking at. The sword looks legit to me... I just have a question in regard to the Kriegsmarine Eagle over an “M”. I’m assuming

I thought I would update this post...

I’m going to meet with the gentleman tomorrow to purchase the Chinese bayonets. As I was texting him, he asked if I would be interested in a couple German swords and a British commando knife... ummmmmm yes please!

1) WW2 German dove head dress sword
    2) WW1 German presentation sword with matching unit/regiment on sword/scabbard
    3) British Fairbairn Sykes dagger/fighting knife 2nd pattern (I think)
    4) Not quite sure..

Sorry for all the pics... but I wanted to share. I think I will be heading back to the bank tomorrow!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dress sword question?   Kriegsmarine dress sword question?  

Kriegsmarine dress sword question?   Kriegsmarine dress sword question?  

Kriegsmarine dress sword question?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dress sword question?
    P
    Many

Last pics...

I’m assuming No 4 is also a German presentation sword.... I think the blades look good on the swords... scabbards not so much.

Hopefully, I will have good news tomorrow. Maybe the Chinese bayonets will take a back seat!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dress sword question?   Kriegsmarine dress sword question?  

Really should be on seperate threads, but the swords and FS knife are authentic. Not sure on the US knife. The dovehead parade sword by Alcoso is missing a hanger ring and I would pass on it for that reason. The second sword is a Prussian Artillery sword and a issued sword in field grey paint, so could have seen early WW1 service. This is very collectable. The last sword is British P1897 infantry officer sword, cypher for King George V, so WW1 era. It's a bit rough for me. Of course depends on money asked, but my pick would be the Prussian Artillery sabre and the FS fighting knife.
    Last edited by Anderson; 11-20-2020 at 05:27 AM. Reason: change word

Once again, thanks Mr Anderson.

Yes, the FS and the German presentation sword are the two I’m considering. The German presentation sword is going to be questionable... only because two kids were playing with them and he said the blade is dented in a couple places. What a bummer! From the pics, the blade looks to be in pretty good condition.

I will update with some better pics if I purchase them... I plan at least picking up the FS.

Sorry, I probably should’ve started another thread, I just got lazy.

Deal is done...

I picked up the two Chinese AK47 bayonets, the German WW1 presentation sword, and the English sword. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to get rid of the FS... I told him he should keep it and pass down to a family member. I might of screwed myself but.... that’s what I would’ve done. Happy in the end for $160.00 for everything.

Now onto the next adventure... thanks Mr. Anderson for the info...

D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2