Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kyffhäuserbund WWI Veterans Medal - replaced yellow ribbon

Article about: I picked this medal up from a small grouping of German items: a Hitler cigarette card, some used Third Reich stamps, a 1935A Reichsmark coin, and a tinnie. At the "trade days" that

Default Kyffhäuserbund WWI Veterans Medal - replaced yellow ribbon

I picked this medal up from a small grouping of German items: a Hitler cigarette card, some used Third Reich stamps, a 1935A Reichsmark coin, and a tinnie. At the "trade days" that I go to each month, a nice man and woman have a little shop there, and they know I like WWII stuff. The man said he had gotten this stuff recently and had thought of me. I only paid $30 for everything, so I'm not in it for much. Really, I bought it mostly because of the tinnie. I used to like buying tinnies when I was younger.

Anyway, I know it is a commemorative medal for WWI Veterans made by the Kyffhäuserbund sometime between 1921 and 1934. I also know that the ribbon is not original to the medal. I was just curious if anyone thought the yellow ribbon might have come from something else, or if yellow could have had some significance for the veteran? The ribbon feels old...it has that "crunchy" feel to it, it's stiff, I can feel the dirt on it. You can also see where at one point the ribbon was sewn back on itself...there are yellow threads coming off of two places that are very close to the same color, but just a tad darker. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kyffhäuserbund WWI Veterans Medal - replaced yellow ribbon
    P
    Many

?

Ribbon from Kaiser Wilhelm 1 Centanary medal

?

Like this, on right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kyffhäuserbund WWI Veterans Medal - replaced yellow ribbon  

Hagen, thank you so much! I really appreciate you letting me know. It felt like an actual medal ribbon to me. I'm glad to see my hunch was right and it wasn't a new-age ribbon. Again, your knowledge is much appreciated!

-Robyn

?

Glad to help anytime I can.